Why?

A song a day is cheaper than therapy. Please find my musings for 365 days in attempt to make one really good record.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 35

Welcome to day 35.

Today's song the inspiration is a little spastic. 

Yesterday I was speaking with a friend of mine who said the lovely line "I'm still unfolding all of your folding" and I said... song! That's the problem when you talk to me while I'm writing a song a day... I'm secretly scouting you for lyrics.  He is also a creative genius so he is aware that I would pull some of his words for songs. Thanks!


But this song was also inspired by my somber walk through the display that is next to the dal engineering campus on Spring Garden Rd.  If you haven't seen it yet- Its photographs of cancer survivors and deceased.  

My mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2006, and she was one of the lucky ones who was able to fight it. It brought my family closer together and sort of put our priorities in line and made us all want to give back to the community that really helped us through that time. So my parents started "The Reason For Hope Society" and do annual concerts to raise money for the Canadian Cancer Society. 

So this song was written in the perspective of loosing someone. I tried to interpret it as either through death or, the end of a relationship. 


No comments:

Post a Comment